What is JUVÉDERM®?
JUVÉDERM® is the most popular collection of hyaluronic acid fillers in our facial plastic surgery practice. Each product in the JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers adds volume to a different area of the face – without surgery. All JUVÉDERM® fillers are a smooth, clear gel that are administered by injection by Dr. Weiss here in our Metairie office.
Where is JUVÉDERM® Used?
Different formulations are approved to either lift cheeks, smooth parentheses lines, smooth vertical lip lines or plump the lips. The results can be subtle and long lasting.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC softens moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles by adding subtle volume around the nose and mouth in adults over the age of 21.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC adds volume to the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss. Dr. Weiss also uses Voluma to perform non-surgical nose job and for chin augmentation.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC adds subtle volume to lips and softens the appearance of vertical lip lines.
- JUVÉDERM® XC smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth. This filler is also used in the lips for more profound enhancement.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC adds fullness and plumps lips as well as soothes and corrects moderate to severe parentheses lines in adults
What is Treatment with Juvederm Like?
Dr. Weiss will take your medical history and provide a facial analysis. Dr. Weiss is a facial aesthetic specialist. Be prepared to discuss your aesthetic areas of concern, so he can focus on providing natural results that meet your needs. This is not a surgical treatment for volume loss. Actual treatment with JUVÉDERM® injectable gels takes 15 minutes to 60 minutes, depending on which area of your face is being treated.
Does Juvederm Treatment Hurt?
JUVÉDERM® injectable gels labeled with “XC” contain lidocaine to help manage pain or discomfort during the injection. Dr. Weiss also uses topical numbing cream and ice to help further minimize discomfort.
The cost of Juvederm injection by Dr. Weiss includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of a Fellowship trained Facial Plastic Surgery specialist. With extensive knowledge of facial anatomy and aesthetic ideals, Dr. Weiss provides outstanding results with the JUVÉDERM® Collection. Be wary of discount products or “cheap” JUVÉDERM® Collection treatments —if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
It is more important to find an experienced specialist like Dr. Weiss, who will take the time to understand your treatment goals and develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
The JUVÉDERM® fillers are made from hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is a natural substance in the skin that delivers nutrients, helps the skin retain moisture and softness, and adds volume. Each product in the JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers is made from a modified form of HA.
How Long do Juvederm Results Last?
Results last six months to two years, with optimal correction and depending on the formula used. During your consultation with Dr. Weiss, he will discuss the various products appropriate for you and the expected duration of results.
When Will I See Results of Juvederm Injection?
You will see results immediately/instantly.
Do not receive JUVÉDERM® injectable gel fillers if you have a history of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the proteins (Gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make hyaluronic acid (HA) in JUVÉDERM® injectable gel fillers.