Facelift surgery has a reputation for being the gold standard of facial rejuvenation. Not only is this procedure the most comprehensive way to combat visible aging, but the results can last for upwards of 10 years!
It’s true that factors outside of your control, such as genetics and skin quality, will influence the longevity of your facelift. However, a lot of it comes down to the way that you treat your face. Below, you’ll learn about optional at-home and in-office maintenance that can make your refreshed look last.
At-Home Ways to Protect Your Facelift Results
The bulk of maintaining your facelift results happens at home. Consider following these tips to protect your youthful appearance:
- Wear sun protection: UV rays from the sun can accelerate facial aging and contribute to concerns such as hyperpigmentation. You can protect your skin from UV damage by applying sunscreen every day. It’s also smart to wear a sun hat outdoors and stay inside when the sun’s rays are at their strongest.
- Use professional-grade skincare products: It’s important to develop a consistent skincare routine that meets your mature complexion’s needs. Part of this means applying the right products. For best results, use effective and potent professional-grade skincare lines such as Obagi Medical Nu-Derm System and SkinMedica®.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Things like smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, and extreme fluctuations in weight can have a negative effect on your facelift results. So too can dehydration. Meanwhile, eating well, drinking water, and exercising can all have a positive effect.
- Practice stress management: Chronic stress is bad for your entire body. New studies are emerging that suggest stress can accelerate cellular aging, with complexion-related implications. Work on managing your worries to prevent unnecessary aging and promote good skin health.
Post-Facelift In-Office Treatments
Non-surgical treatments are great tools when it comes to extending your facelift results. These options allow you to combat the continuous aging process that occurs after surgery. The right service for you will depend on the aesthetic concerns you want to correct or prevent.
For many patients, injectables are a smart place to start. Fillers can correct volume loss and add youthful definition, while wrinkle reducers can smooth away any lines that may eventually develop post-facelift.
Laser skin resurfacing is another common treatment for facelift patients. It is an ideal way to refresh your appearance by tightening the skin, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, correcting uneven texture, and accomplishing other goals. We offer the Excel V Laser System and the Laser Genesis.
Regardless of the option you choose, you can expect to experience:
- Relatively short appointments
- Minimal discomfort
- Little to no downtime
Personalized Facelift Aftercare Directions in New Orleans
Facial aging is an ongoing process. Experienced facial plastic surgeon Dr. Sean Weiss believes in maintaining a continuous relationship with patients to ensure the best results over time.
Receive personalized facelift maintenance recommendations by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Weiss at (504) 814-3223 today. Double board-certified in Facial Plastic Surgery and Otolaryngology, Dr. Weiss is uniquely qualified to serve patients Metairie, New Orleans, Mandeville, and nearby areas of Louisiana.