Are you wondering if eyelid surgery is the best way to achieve your goals? Well, this in-demand procedure can dramatically rejuvenate your appearance and possibly even improve your vision. Here are five reasons why you should consider having eyelid surgery at our Metairie practice:
- Look younger and more refreshed: The delicate area around the eyes is often one of the first spots to show signs of aging. Fortunately, eyelid surgery is able to effectively reverse many of the changes that can contribute to a tired, upset, or angry appearance.
- Improve vision obscured by sagging skin: Upper lid drooping can become significant enough to block your field of vision. In this situation, eyelid surgery offers functional benefits, such as a wider visual field and an improvement in associated headaches.
- Treat droopy eyelids and under-eye bags: Eyelid surgery can be performed on the upper eyelids, the lower eyelids, or both. It is often used to raise sagging upper lids and remove bags below the lower lids for the most significant cosmetic transformation.
- Make it easier to apply eye makeup: Excess skin on the upper eyelids poses a challenge for anyone who wears cosmetics. It causes eyeliner to skip and eyeshadow to look uneven. After eyelid surgery, it tends to be easier to get a good result with makeup.
- Get more dramatic results than non-surgical treatments: There is more than one way to rejuvenate your eye area. Non-surgical and skin care services such as fillers, laser skin treatments, and the TNS Eye Repair cream from SkinMedica® can all provide some improvement. However, eyelid surgery offers results that are more dramatic. The outcomes of the procedure also require less maintenance and last much longer.
Book a Consultation in New Orleans
Eyelid surgery might be the perfect fit for your needs. However, a consultation with board-certified facial plastic surgeon Dr. Sean Weiss is the only way to know for sure.
(504) 814-3223 today to schedule your visit to our modern facial plastic surgery practice. We gladly welcome patients from Metairie, New Orleans, and the surrounding areas of Louisiana.